Hi Christian,

On 2015-09-08, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> Can you install a newer version of the libpango library?

It looks like Bram has fixed this with 7.4 861.  I'll wait a bit for
the patch to propagate to the hg mirror, then update and rebuild.

Your question deserves an answer anyway.

I maintain Vim on a number of systems that don't have the latest
pango libraries among their packages.  For example, at work we
recently upgraded from Fedora 11 to Fedora 17.  The Fedora 17 pango
packages use version 1.30.0.  The patch in question needs at least
version 1.32.0 (from 2012).  The only way I could update pango would
be to get the source and hope Fedora 17 has the necessary
dependencies.  I've done that with other libraries.  At best it's a
pain.  At worst it's infeasible.

It's great if you can run a system that has the latest and greatest
versions of everything, but not all of us can on all our systems.

Regards,
Gary