Happy New Year (in JST)!

2015/12/31 Thu 19:54:46 UTC+9 Christian Brabandt wrote:
> On Mo, 28 Dez 2015, Christian Brabandt wrote:
>
> > Great work. With your help I updated the configuration like this:
> > https://github.com/chrisbra/vim/blob/appveyor-build/appveyor.yml
> > and
> > https://github.com/chrisbra/vim/blob/appveyor-build/src/appveyor.bat
>
> I updated the build script a little. Now it uses the gettext binaries
> provided from https://mlocati.github.io/gettext-iconv-windows/ and this
> works for both 32bit and 64bit builds. diff.exe is taken from gnuwin32
> project: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm

I have added some changes based on your work.
https://github.com/k-takata/vim/commits/chrisbra-appveyor-build

Details are below.

1. About diff.exe

diff.exe from gnuwin32 is 32-bit binary, and it uses gettext and libiconv.
Doesn't it conflict with 64-bit builds?  diff.exe bundled with the official
Vim 7.4 installer doesn't depend on gettext and libiconv, so I think using
diff.exe from gvim74.exe is safer.

Additionally, diff.exe is installed under the GvimExt directory, but it
should be installed to the same directory as gvim.exe.

https://github.com/k-takata/vim/commit/3624185df8c304669a6ad4a50d58dea6147cc0ac

2. Use shallow copy

Adding "shallow_clone: true" in appveyor.yml makes building a bit faster.
See:
https://www.appveyor.com/docs/how-to/repository-shallow-clone#downloading-repository-via-github-or-bitbucket-api

https://github.com/k-takata/vim/commit/e26cd0e4beead2889704c164017d4961dcfc660b

3. Add "echo on" after Ruby's configure.bat

Echoing becomes off unintentionally after Ruby's configure.bat.
We couldn't see the command lines after that in AppVeyor's log.
Turn it on again.

https://github.com/k-takata/vim/commit/b3c7d55ec48691cb275e1c0679e53ee77f06d644

> I haven't tried mzscheme support yet, but as far as I know, those builds
> were broken on Windows anyhow
> (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/g9XZskeNJSI/vgHccN0eAwAJ)?

I haven't tried it either.

Next, I want to try to build installers on AppVeyor.

Regards,
Ken Takata