> Hi Ken!
>
> On So, 27 Dez 2015, Ken Takata wrote:
>
> > 2015/12/28 Mon 0:53:53 UTC+9 Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > > Hi Ken!

> > > What feature is this?
> >
> > Please check v7.4.393.
> > Currently, DirectWrite (DirectX) is disabled by default, but I think it's
> > worth to be enabled by default.
> > This is also very useful when using GVim on a High DPI environment.

> > > Hm, perl is available as version 5.20.1.2000 in x86. So no x64 version.
> > > Is that the correct version? For ruby there are version 1.9.3 2.0.0
> > > 2.1.6 and 2.2.2 available. Which one would we need? tcl and lua do not
> > > seem to be available on appveyor, which means I would have to install
> > > them in the pre-build script I think. Do we really need those? Is OLE
> > > really needed today?
> >
> > I have install the languages in the 'before_build' phase:
> >
> https://github.com/k-takata/vim/blob/appveyor-release/src/appveyor.bat#L17-L40
>
> Thanks. I have a look. But from a first glance, this looks very
> complicated to download special releases for the build. One has to
> update the URL every once in a while and I don't know, whether this is
> worth the trouble.
>
> I will update to use OLE and DIRECTX. From a first try, a +perl enabled
> build did not link and so did the ruby versions 193 and 200 so I will
> leave this out. And since this is only for daily Windows snapshots, I
> think to provide a fully fledged language build is out of scope.

​These “daily Windows snapshots” are taken as the releases and not as
nighly version. So it should contain everything regular release build
contains.

About downloading special releases: see my winesetup.pl script linked
earlier. It downloads *latest* version, not some specific one. And you
additionally get notification in case e.g. latest ​ruby can no longer be
compiled with latest Vim.