Nikolay Pavlov wrote:

> > On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 3:11:42 PM UTC-4, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> >> Patch 7.4.1770
> >> Problem:    Cannot use true color in the terminal.
> >> Solution:   Add the 'guicolors' option. (Nikolai Pavlov)
> >> Files:      runtime/doc/options.txt, runtime/doc/term.txt,
> >>             runtime/doc/various.txt, src/auto/configure, src/config.h.in,
> >>             src/configure.in, src/eval.c, src/globals.h, src/hardcopy.c,
> >>             src/option.c, src/option.h, src/proto/term.pro, src/screen.c,
> >>             src/structs.h, src/syntax.c, src/term.c, src/term.h,
> >>             src/version.c, src/vim.h
> >>

> > That's great, but how do I set it?
> >
> > :set guicolors?
> > E519: Option not supported: guicolors?
> > :echo &guicolors
> > 0
> > :set guicolors
> > :echo &guicolors
> > 0
> >
> > Also now when running 'make install'  I get the following error at the end:
> >
> > if test -d /usr/local/share/applications -a -w
> > /usr/local/share/applications; then \
> >            cp ../runtime/vim.desktop \
> >                 ../runtime/gvim.desktop \
> >                 /usr/local/share/applications; \
> >            if test -z "" -a -x ; then \
> >                -q /usr/local/share/applications; \
> >            fi \
> >         fi
> > /bin/sh: line 0: test: argument expected
>
> To get &guicolors you should use --enable-termtruecolor at configure
> stage. Not sure why you get that error at `make install`, AFAIR I did
> not edit anything that should affect installation process.

That install problem is from another patch.

I was wondering why in this patch the feature always has to be enabled
manually.  Should we not always included it for HUGE features, or even
less?  Since the actual effect is behind an option, including the
feature is harmless, right?

--
Some say the world will end in fire; some say in segfaults.
I say it will end in a curly bracket.