On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 07:33:00PM -0500, toothpik wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 03:23:09PM -0700, John Little wrote:
> yes, I saw pkg-config -- it apparently searches a series of directories
>
>     /usr/lib/pkgconfig
>     /usr/share/pkgconfig
>     /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
>     /usr/local/share/pkgconfig
>
> looking for a module named something like gtk+-2.0.pc

Based on your earlier emails, you seem to be running a 64-bit OS.  In
that case, the file is likely in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig.  I would think
that “rpm -ql gtk2-devel | fgrep .pc” would show the file.

Vim's configure script just runs “pkg-config --exists gtk+-2.0” to see
if GTK2's development files are available, which they should be given
you have gtk2-devel installed.

If you do indeed have the .pc file installed but “pkg-config --exists
gtk+-2.0” has a non-zero exit code, then pkg-config needs to be fixed to
look in the right directories.

In general, looking at src/auto/config.log should tell you (after wading
through lots of noise) what went wrong when running configure.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB