Am 13.03.2017 um 21:18 schrieb Ben Fritz:
On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 3:11:04 PM UTC-5, Ben Fritz wrote:
On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 3:04:51 PM UTC-5, Andy Wokula wrote:

I'd vote for  [count]^  going to the [count]th character in the
line. (We can easily go to the [count]th screen column and to the
[count]th byte, but not yet to the [count]th character, unless
I'm missing something).

While useful, "[count]th character" doesn't seem to fit well with
"1st non-blank character" to me.

It's just a default position.
It's clear that "non-blank" does not necessarily have a meaning with
count.

Maybe "[count]th non-blank
character" would make more sense but I'm not sure how useful that
would be.

..actually on further thought, "[count]th non-blank" could be useful
for editing text in comments where ^ by itself is less useful.
Consider:

//        this is
//        a multiline comment
//        which has been indented

One could then use 3^ to jump to the beginning of the comment text.

Of course right now one can simply ^W to accomplish the same thing.
But although the same number of keystrokes, it's 2 commands instead
of just one. This could make a difference in operator-pending mode,
for example.

Going to the first non-blank after a comment leader deserves yet
another motion, right?
(and with count, it would go to another line)

--
Andy