On Di, 03 Apr 2018, brucekan...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm using VIM 8.0 and set the option: "set cscopequickfix=s-,c-,d-,i-,t-,e-"
> vim will prompt "E484: Can't open file /tmp/vxxxxx/n" occasionally if I'm not
> root user.
>
> when set above option, vim will generate a temp directory under /tmp, I found
> the temp direcoty was deleted every time when the fault was occurred.
>
> after checking source code, the suspecious place is in function: vim_tempname
>
>     if (vim_tempdir != NULL)
>     {
>     /* There is no need to check if the file exists, because we own the
>      * directory and nobody else creates a file in it. */
>     sprintf((char *)itmp, "%s%ld", vim_tempdir, temp_count++);
>     return vim_strsave(itmp);
>     }
>
> if the vim_tempdir is deleted by unknown operation/process, then vim will
> fault due to it not checking this temp directory before writing it, maybe we
> need to check vim_tempdir here, if it's not accessable, we build another temp
> directory.

Do you have any tmp cleanup packages installed that may remove such
things? Try to disable it.

I have proposed a similar patch several years ago, but it was found to
work around the real problem that /tmp should not be cleaned randomly,
so it wasn't included.

Best,
Christian
--
Wußten Sie schon...
... daß der Walfisch, das größte lebende Säugetier, alle anderen