Hi Bram,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:31 AM Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> Yegappan wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:54 AM Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegapp...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > Yes. If the specified count exceeds the number of entries above the
> > > current line,
> > > then it stops at the first error in the file.

> > > Each entry in the current line is treated as separate entries. If the
> > > current line
> > > has 3 entries and the specified count is 2, then the cursor will not be
> > > moved.
> > >

> > Correction. Multiple quickfix entries on a single line case is not correctly
> > handled now. Will update the PR.
>
> If we support moving to the entry before/after the cursor, it would be
> helpful if there are many errors in a line (e.g. in an XML file).
> We could use :cbefore and :cafter for that.
> So you could click somewhere in the line and use :cafter to jump to the
> next column with an error.  It goes to a following line if that's where
> the next error is.

So the cafter and cbefore commands are used to browse through every error
in the current file?

> Then :cabove and :cbelow can actually use the count as the number of
> individual lines.
>
> Makes sense?

We will then have the following commands:

cbelow - Go to an error line below the current line in the current file
cabove - Go to an error line above the current line in the current file
cbefore - Go to an error before the current column in the current file
cafter - Go to an error after the current column in the current file

- Yegappan