Hi Bram,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:41 PM Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> > > If we support moving to the entry before/after the cursor, it would be
> > > helpful if there are many errors in a line (e.g. in an XML file).
> > > We could use :cbefore and :cafter for that.
> > > So you could click somewhere in the line and use :cafter to jump to the
> > > next column with an error.  It goes to a following line if that's where
> > > the next error is.
> > >

> > So the cafter and cbefore commands are used to browse through every error
> > in the current file?
> >

> > > Then :cabove and :cbelow can actually use the count as the number of
> > > individual lines.
> > >
> > > Makes sense?
> > >

> > We will then have the following commands:
> >
> > cbelow - Go to an error line below the current line in the current file
> > cabove - Go to an error line above the current line in the current file
> > cbefore - Go to an error before the current column in the current file
> > cafter - Go to an error after the current column in the current file
>
> Right.  And when giving a count to cbelow/cabove it counts all the
> errors in the same line as one.  Thus if there are three matches in the
> line above and one two lines up, then ":2cabove" goes two lines up.

The latest updated pull request implements the above behavior. Currently
only the cabove and cbelow commands are implemented.

The current implementation supports count only after the command name
and not before the command. I did this to support only positive numbers
for the count and not use the range specification from the buffer.

- Yegappan