Charles wrote:

> I have a tester for netrw which I was using to try to verify netrw
> before it gets sent out.
>
> Its failing at an odd place; it issues a <F1> key to obtain help. When I
> run the test with just the one script, the help shows 18 lines, a
> separator, 3 lines from the file, and a separator; the file shown is
> where I launched the help request. However, sometimes it shows 20 lines
> - separator - 1 line - separator, sometimes 19 lines - separator - 2
> lines - separator. Vim didn't used to be so mercurial about how many
> lines of help it showed. Is there an option now that I can set to tell
> vim how many lines of help I want shown?
>
> FYI: the <F1> key mapping to help:
>
> nnoremap <buffer> <F1>            :he netrw-quickhelp<cr>
>
> I don't want to change that mapping as its part of netrw.

There is the 'helpheight' option, it specifies the minimal height.

There was no recent change in how the height of the help window is
computed.  Did you start Vim with "--clean" to avoid any scripts or
autocommands interfering?

--
Women are probably the main cause of free software starvation.

\\\        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///