Manuel Ortega wrote:

> I very much hope that one thing will be changed.  Currently '#' only starts
> a comment when it's followed by a space, if I understand correctly.  Please
> make it instead behave like almost every other language that uses '#' as a
> comment character, and *don't* require that it be followed by a space.
>
> The choice of '"' as the comment character in vimscript of course proved a
> bit awkward, but forcing it to be '#<space>' rather than '#' is even worse
> IMO.
>
> I note that if you look in the dictionary of comment characters found
> inside the popular NerdCommenter plugin, there are exactly ZERO entries for
> which '#<space>' is mandatory.  There are five entries that indicate a
> style preference for '#<space>' but allow '#'.  And there are 134 entries
> for which '#', with no following space, is a comment character.  (For 125
> of these 134, that's the primary or sole comment character).
>
> If one of the goals of vim9script is to be more like what a user expects,
> then '#' and not '#<space>' should be the comment-starter.

Where do you read that there must be a space after the #?

There is the requirement that there is space before it, or it is at the
start of the line.
Otherwise it could be confused with an autoload script item.

250. You've given up the search for the "perfect woman" and instead,
     sit in front of the PC until you're just too tired to care.

\\\        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///