On 10/6/22 3:39 AM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
Ernie Rael wrote:

I built ASAN with 9.0.669,

Since I was setup, I did a "make" in testdir. There was one asan problem
and some test failures that didn't seem too troubling:
For an ASAN log to be useful, I need a way to reproduce it.  Ideally a
short script.  Or, when it is from running tests, which test.  I then
still have to binary search for the cause (commenting out parts of the
testa), which can take time.

Is there a way to associate an asan.### file with a particular test? I tried doing "ls -lt" and occasionally you can see a some_test.res file interspersed with the asan files. Something like a timestamp (optional?) column in messages would do the trick. That would narrow things down to a few tests.

-ernie

On CI there is also a run with ASAN, thus normally things are caught
there.