Ernie Rael wrote:

> >> Since I was setup, I did a "make" in testdir. There was one asan problem
> >> and some test failures that didn't seem too troubling:
> > For an ASAN log to be useful, I need a way to reproduce it.  Ideally a
> > short script.  Or, when it is from running tests, which test.  I then
> > still have to binary search for the cause (commenting out parts of the
> > testa), which can take time.
>
> Is there a way to associate an asan.### file with a particular test? I
> tried doing "ls -lt" and occasionally you can see a some_test.res file
> interspersed with the asan files. Something like a timestamp (optional?)
> column in messages would do the trick. That would narrow things down to
> a few tests.

This is one of the reasons I use valgrind when possible.  It's slow to
execute, but it doesn't require compiling everything and gives more
to-the-point information.  But ASAN can catch different things, e.g. for
items on the stack.

AFAIK that number is the process ID, which is sequentially increasing,
but otherwise does not point to a specific test.  Executing tests one by
one to narrow it down.  Then commenting-out test functions to find out
where it happens, the commenting out lines to pinpoint it...  It takes a
bit of effort.

--
FATHER: One day, lad, all this will be yours ...
PRINCE: What - the curtains?

\\\        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///