Hi,
this is a small update over what happened the last few weeks.

Over the last days, I have been merging mostly runtime file changes,
small improvements to the Vim9 class implementations and bug fixes.

If you check the Milestone¹ for the release 9.1, most of the remaining
changes are small runtime changes, for which I'd like to get an
ACK/NACK.

Thanks for all your contributions, this is really appreciated!

I am not sure, what the status of the Vim9 classes implementation is and
if we are going to get further improvements there or if we can consider
this "good enough".

@Yegappan, what is your opinion?

If you are a runtime file maintainer, or you have been providing
translations, now it's time to check your runtime files against the
version in the Vim repository and please consider sending updated files.

I also checked the huntr organization, but it looks like there are no
open security issues reported over there.

On a somewhat related note, I have been asked how to handle security
issues in the future and I am thinking about creating a "private" list
for this. Not sure how to handle packagers or if it is good enough, if I
mark commits/mails with some security related flag.

Regarding the vim Homepage, I'll move it to a new hoster after the
release has been done. I got several offers so that should not be a
problem.  I'll also need to check the amount of work to migrate the old
php5 code to an updated php version.

Regarding the ftp server, I decided to no longer use it. I checked with
the owners and while they were willing to help, I come to the conclusion
that it stems from an old time and it no longer required, so I will not
update the data there.  I may however need to download the generated
spell files and move this to the new Vim Homepage, once it has been
moved.

For a similar reason and because of the mess I created with the
mercurial mirror, I am thinking to retire the mercurial repository. I
think it is pretty clear that nowadays git is the preferred VCS of
choice for most programmers.

Let me know, what you all think.
__
¹) https://github.com/vim/vim/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3Avim-9.1

Thanks,
Christian
--
You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.