On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 11:09 AM Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:

> I would think once Yegappan thinks the Vim9 classes is good enough to
> release, I'd go ahead. Not sure how much work this is left to be done,
> but I'd rather sooner release than later. So it depends on how far we
> want the Vim9 classes implementation have ready for the new release.

The following Vim 9 class related items are currently in the todo list:

1. Change access: public by default, private by prefixing "_".
2. Check for error: can't have the same name twice (ignoring "_" prefix).
3. "final" object members - can only be set in the constructor.
4. Support export/import of classes and interfaces.
5. Cannot use class type of itself in the method (Issue #12369)
6. Cannot use an object method in a lambda (Issue #12417)
7. Cannot call class member of funcref type (Issue #12324)
8. Using a list of functions does not work (Issue #12081)
9. First argument of call() cannot be "obj.Func". (Issue #11865)
10. Make ":defcompile ClassName" compile all functions and methods in the class.
11. Support forward declaration of a class.  E.g. for Clone() function.
12. Getting a member variable with "any" type should be handled at runtime.
13. "obj.Method()" does not always work in a compiled function, assumes "obj"
    is a dictionary.  (Issue #12196, #12024, #11822, #12198, #11981)
14. Support empty(), len() for objects.
15. Check types for "implements" - members and methods
16. Support locking and unlocking objects/classes.
17. When checking "implements" also check types of members and function args.
18. For chaining, allow using the class name as type for function return value.
19. Implement generics
20. Add "assignable" (class or child)?
21. Use a more efficient way for interface member index than iterating
over list.
22. Implement a variant of type() that returns a different type for each class.
23. Support class local to a function.
24. Support promise class, could be used to wait on a popup close callback.

Other than the first two items, I don't think we can get to the other items in
this list for the 9.1 release.

Regards,
Yegappan