Shay

On Fr, 26 Jan 2024, Shay Hill wrote:

> Thank you. The cosmetic differences at low resolution are minor. The
> important changes are in the construction. Those internal differences
> are important if you ever want to cut vinyl stickers, make some
> variant, render a large image, or make additional changes
> algorithmically. Quality problems *may* be why so many people have
> re-created the logo for Wikipedia and other projects. In my opinion,
> all of those variants lack the charm of the *real* Vim logo.
>
> IMO, only the SVG file itself should go into the repo. I'm happy to
> maintain the Python code that created it, but there are *many* ways
> someone might want to update the logo in the future, and learning /
> updating my codebase would be the least straightforward way.
>
> I will create a pr if you let me know where you'd like to put the SVG
> file--the file is plain text.

Shay, thanks so much. If you could create a PR that will play the logo
file to the runtime directory? That would be prefered, we already have
the other logos there so it should be fine.  And please also include it
in the Filelist (along with the others, that are already there).

If you want, you can link your repo in the commit message or in an
accompanying readme for reference.

Thanks,
Chris
--
I'm serious about thinking through all the possibilities before we
settle on anything.  All things have the advantages of their