I'm not sure if it helps, but you could do it the other way around. MacVim
implements the client part of the ODB editor suite [1]. So you could have a
MacRuby program that implements the server part and then call MacVim.

Alternatively, it shouldn't be to hard to patch MacVim to implement the server
part of the ODB Editor Suite as well. Then the MacRuby program has to implement
the client part.

-chris

[1]: http://www.barebones.com/support/develop/odbsuite.html