On 25 Mar 2010, at 10:45, Chris Eidhof wrote:
I'm not sure if it helps, but you could do it the other way around. MacVim implements the client part of the ODB editor suite [1]. So you could have a MacRuby program that implements the server part and then call MacVim.

Alternatively, it shouldn't be to hard to patch MacVim to implement the server part of the ODB Editor Suite as well. Then the MacRuby program has to implement the client part.

Chris,

Thanks, that's an interesting approach and I'd be intrigued to pursue it later. For now, though, I'll stick with the simpler `open` mechanism and get that going first.

Thanks and regards,

Andy Stewart
------
http://airbladesoftware.com