Hi!

First off, I realize that while vim is involved in my problem, it
may not be the culprit. Still, this mailing list is one of the
most civilized and helpful I know (can't say that for all of the
fora for the other involved software), so I'll start here.

Here's my problem. I like >8-color schemes. Unfortunately, my
terminal of choice (urxvt) only supports 88 colors (t_Co=88).
Thus, most colorschemes revert to their 8-color behaviour or
simply do nothing, neither of which is what I want.

The most excellent colorscheme "desert256" is both to my liking
and works well in plain urxvt. It's when screen is involved that
things go south. Screen tells vim that t_Co is 8 which is not
only wrong, but also ugly. If I tell vim by hand that t_Co is 88,
things become trippy but not beautiful. With t_Co=256 it looks
almost like the default case without screen (close enough for me,
anyway).

I have prepared several screenshots to illustrate what happens:

http://eric.schwarzvogel.de/~klausman/screen_and_vim/

The names should be self-explanatory.

What I'd like to have is the look of urxvt_vim_t_Co_88.png in the
default case of screen (i.e. instead of
urxvt_screen_vim_t_Co_8.png)

So what I wonder about is this:

- Whose fault is this?
- How do I fix it?

Regards & TIA,
Tobias

--
panic("%s: CORRUPTED BTREE OR SOMETHING", __FUNCTION__);
        linux-2.6.6/fs/xfs/xfs_bmap.c