On 12/01/09 03:52, AndyHancock wrote:
> Wow.  I never realized that it could be so involved.  I tested
>
>     :echo has('multi_byte')
>
> and both platforms returned 1.  However, I need to spend much more
> time educating myself on the other aspects of representation.  This is
> something I'm doing with snippets of time on the weekend.  Thanks, and
> I will keep this nugget of insight at my fingertips for follow-up.

In my earlier post, there was a typo in the ":set fileencodings" command
given inline in the explanation. The one in the code snippet is correct.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"Well, that was a piece of cake, eh K-9?"

"Piece of cake, Master?  Radial slice of baked confection ...
coefficient of relevance to Key of Time: zero."
                -- Dr. Who