On 12/01/09 10:10, Nicolas Aggelidis wrote:
> hi, i use vim both at work and at home so i share configuration files
> between them. is there any way to enable some options based on the
> value of global variable?
>
> i.e.
>
> athome=1
>

> if (athome=1)
>     set cursorline
> else
>     set nocursorline
>
> or
>
> if (athome=1)
>    let g:LookupFile_DefaultCmd = ':LUTags'
> else
>    let g:LookupFile_DefaultCmd = ':LUWalk'
>
> the posted examples are pointless, but i hope you get the idea!
>

> thanks in advance for your time,
> -nikolas

Why not? You could even check some environment variable if you know one
which is set to a different value (or if you set one differently) on
both systems:

        if $FOOBAR == ''
                set cursorline
        endif

You could also set some setting differently on Windows or unix:

        if has('unix')
                language messages C
        else
                language messages en