>>....Rather than optimising how people post, I
>>would be happy simply to stop the recent flood of lazy top posting.

>I don't know how other mail clients behave when it comes to hiding
>various elements of messages, but for what it's worth:

Wellp, in general, unless a top-posted post is something along the lines
of "Thanks!" or "That works great!", in which case I'd just delete it
immediately, it'd be something I wouldn't want to read backwards or
upside-down, in which case I'd *also* delete it immediately.  Ditto for
4 video-pages of nonstop '>'s, or what *appears* to be so but is in fact
a line or two of actual reply but buried within with no blank lines to
set them off.  Or some cutesy html-formatted crap that makes real
quoting difficult (blockquoted with indentation, left-border colored,
etc.).  Or worse, some B'harni-awful colorscheme like green-on-red, or
*any* color on a blinding-white background.

Make it hard for me to read, and I just won't read it.  Simple.

If enough people were to have their posts ignored if top-posted (or
exhibiting any of the subsequent offenses), they might (eventually) be
inclined to change.  Simply rewarding bad behavior while complaining
about it changes nothing.

<sigh>