> I have a suggestion. Please never say "as title". I know there is a
> tendency for people to do that, but it is just silly. How hard is it to
> copy your own subject and repeat it in the message? In general, a
> subject should not be a question -- it should just mention the topic
> (Mapping tab and ctrl-i).
>
> The text of a message should make sense (and "as title" is NOT helpful).

good suggestion, i won't do that...

so, then how can i map <tab> to >> and <S-tab> to << and <C-I> or
other things to "goto newer cursor position"?

you can't put <S-TAB> into 7-bit ASCII code, i think <C-i> is the same
of <S-TAB>. Vim has a method to make portable key-stroke ("\<key>"),
so it's no diffcultly to make map portable -- just on one system
separate them, and on other system treat them same -- just like
"\<up>" and "\<down>" ……