2009/3/4 Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com>:
>> I did look at Claws and Kmail
>> but i don't think they areas good as TB.
>>

> If we're not far enough OT already, then I'll ask what did you find
> lacking in Kmail? I will soon be making the move back to Kmail from
> Thunderbird and I'd like to know what you found disappointing. I'll
> even file a bug on it at KDE if need be (I file a lot of those).
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

I have used Claws, Kmail and TB. All three have a pleasant enough
interface... perhaps Claws my preferred. I can't remember now if Kmail
could have an external editor. Claws seem to handle imap folders
differently to TB which i wasn't so keen on.

TB is my preferred simply because of the ImportExportTools and the
Walnut theme [i like the wooden looking dash on classic cars!!]. I
think Claws can be set up for maildir which is better but i haven't
learnt about that yet. I don't know what other folk do to archive
emails they want to keep but with ImportExportTools it's easy. I use
different machines and tend to use gmail as webmail. Then on my main
PC at the end of the year i use TB and do a purge, and save selection
to disk. Using ItsAllText helps me speed up email editing as i gather
it is the etiquette these days to do bottom posting and trim.

I'd say all three were a better bet than evolution and i prefer an app
for a specific purpose rather than trying to do several badly. e.g.
I'd rather use gvim as an editor rather than that large app beginning
with 'E' with huge menus and an impregnable huge reference manual [and
a not so friendly user group]. Vi/Vim/gvim has an excellent Cheat
Sheet and lots of useful easy to read docs [and a friendly user group
residing on googlegroups!].

james