> I have used Claws, Kmail and TB. All three have a pleasant enough
> interface... perhaps Claws my preferred. I can't remember now if Kmail
> could have an external editor. Claws seem to handle imap folders
> differently to TB which i wasn't so keen on.
>
> TB is my preferred simply because of the ImportExportTools and the
> Walnut theme [i like the wooden looking dash on classic cars!!]. I
> think Claws can be set up for maildir which is better but i haven't
> learnt about that yet. I don't know what other folk do to archive
> emails they want to keep but with ImportExportTools it's easy. I use
> different machines and tend to use gmail as webmail. Then on my main
> PC at the end of the year i use TB and do a purge, and save selection
> to disk. Using ItsAllText helps me speed up email editing as i gather
> it is the etiquette these days to do bottom posting and trim.
>
> I'd say all three were a better bet than evolution and i prefer an app
> for a specific purpose rather than trying to do several badly. e.g.
> I'd rather use gvim as an editor rather than that large app beginning
> with 'E' with huge menus and an impregnable huge reference manual [and
> a not so friendly user group]. Vi/Vim/gvim has an excellent Cheat
> Sheet and lots of useful easy to read docs [and a friendly user group
> residing on googlegroups!].

I see, thanks. Any time you find yourself turned off by a KDE app, I'd
love to hear about it so that an issue could be filed. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü