On 2009-04-04 Paris wrote:
> I tried editing with vim and then opening with open
> office writer coloring, italizing, bolding and saving to
> .doc. But it is painful! To much mouse work... select the
> text go press the stupid B or I button or go press font
> color and then red or green. Painful. I want to use my
> keybord and only my keyboard.

What you want is Ctrl-B and Ctrl-I inside Open Office
Writer, not a text editor.

If you find the whole business of writing in a WYSIWYG
word processor painful check out Pandoc.

<http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/>

It can output rtf and odt format, which can be opened by
Open Office Writer.  Then of course you can use vim to
produce markdown files, used as input to Pandoc.
I do it all the time!

/BP