Looking at this, and trying both
:syntax sync fromstart

and

:syntax sync minilines=61000

(the number of lines in the file. That should be enough, right?)

No change?

After i did these commands, i did a :e to get the syntax folding restarted. (That was the right thing to do, right?)

Thanks,

Russ
Jul 6, 2009 05:59:25 PM, vim_use@googlegroups.com wrote:

Saluton <r...@verizon.net> :)

<r...@verizon.net> dixit:
> My xml files are of a form:

> When i did the syntax folding on a sample, albeit large (1.8 Mb) xml
> file, the closing tag seems to be folded in the
> fold. Everything, however, works when i try this on a
> smaller sample file. Is there something about the xml syntax file that
> might explain this?

Blind shot, from ":help syntax":

:syntax sync fromstart
:syntax syng minlines=

The second line may result in very slow redrawing and highlighting, I
haven't tested it.

I swear I saw once an option to fix this kind of things, but I cannot
remember. Looks like Charles Campbell has updated the conversation while
I was replying, so he may be of help.