When I compile a document with errors in vim-latex I get a quickfix
window. Hitting Ctrl+] on one of the items of the quickfix list should
take me to the line of the error but instead I get
   E433: No tags file
   E426: tag not found: <my document's filename>

I looked at :help tags andI thought that the problem would be with the
"tags" setting. I have the default setting.
  :set tags=./tags,./TAGS,tags,TAGS

There's an "ltags" file that comes with latex-suite in ~/.vim/   , so
I tried :set tags=~/.vim/ltags, but I got the same error message.
(Is that how tags work? Or is a tag file supposed to be created in the
same directory as the document I'm working on?)

Any idea what's going on? Thanks!