Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> Hm. Sure you haven't got "options"? Check it by
>
>       :verbose set ssop?

Yes.

> Hooking
> the BufWinEnter autocommand is not necessary because 'filetype' is a
> buffer-local (not window-local) option.

Ok, good to know. I added it once because of another wrong assumption
(see below).

> can't understand why wiping or not wiping one temporary buffer could
> make a difference though.

Me neither, however it has certainly to do with the solution (see
below).

> To set 'expandtab' for txt files only and not for other files, your
> ftplugin/txt.vim should contain
>
>       setlocal expandtab
>
> (not "set expandtab") in order not to clobber the global default for
> other files.

That helped. I changed everything in ftplugins/ to use setlocal
(instead of changing global settings always by using 'set' together
with BufWinEnter events, see above). Probably there where "holes" in
this strategy which caused the missbehaviour with the mentioned
session file commands.

Thank you so much, also for the other helpful pointers!

 Felix