Fuzzy Logic wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for reporting the problem, even though I prefer to see a real
> > name in a message like this.
>
> Why?

Because I like to read and write messages from/to a real person.
Not someone hiding behind a fake name.  It gives me the impression there
is something to hide.  It's a matter of politeness.  Also, my spam
filters may discard messages that don't look like they come from a real
person.

Note that I do not accept scripts, code and anything else that goes in
the Vim distribution from people without a real name for copyright
reasons.  I should actually ask for written and signed permission for
redistribution, with disclaimers and perhaps a copy of an official ID,
but that's taking it too far.  Got away with it until now.

--
I noticed my daughter's Disney-net password on a sticky note:
"MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto".  I asked her why it was so long.