>Right. My point is that most people reading the thread will have
>already read the previous messages. So, top-posting only slows down
>the people who haven't, which taking less time for those who have.

And simply skipping poorly-formatted posts saves the most time of all.

Top-posting where I have nfi wtf the context may be, I refuse to read below the
original text to get to the first-level quote, then back up to the original
text again, so if I don't have any idea what it refers to, I skip it.

I've gotten supremely annoyed just today catching up on 125 or so posts, at
seeing absolutely untrimmed messages, a full f'n video screen of nothing but
quotes, nothing original in sight, so screw it, I skip it when I see it.

Hard to read posts like

        >quote
        >quote
        >quote
        >quote
        reply
        >quote
        >quote
        >quote
        >quote
        [end of post]

ie, little if any whitespace delineating anything and *NOTHING* trimmed off, so
after the 3rd-4th run-in with that from the same poster and others, again,
screw it, just skip the damned post altogether.

Sorry, but if someone doesn't have the time to properly format messages, then I
don't have time to read them.  If someone can't be bothered to put in the
effort to do the same, then I won't put in the effort to read them.  I'll let
Tony give someone the benefit of the doubt the first time a new poster does
that, but me?, sorry, I'm just not going to be bothered, because I don't have
the time nor patience for it.