Steven Woody wrote:

>     e same structure as vimfiles/
>     (or ~/.vim in *nix) itself.
>

> I am on windows and running windows version of vim.  I just created
> the ~/.vim/plugin directory and move my script there.  Also doesn't
> work! it is not loaded :(

Some things to consider:

1. Check your permissions (your (home)\vimfiles\after\plugin\a.vim and
all directories on that path should be completely readable)

2. Check your runtime path   (vim  ... :echo &rtp) .  This runtimepath
is a list of comma-delimited directory paths; make sure that your
(home)/vimfiles  is on it.

3. Insure that you have plugins enabled   (ie. your   _vimrc   should
have, minimally,
  set nocp
  filetype plugin on
  )