On 11/11/09 14:45, Michael Wagner wrote:
> * Tony Mechelynck<antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>  10.11.2009
>>
>> On 10/11/09 11:48, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> [...]
>>> If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
>>> (and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
>>> different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
>>> after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
>>> I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
>>> Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)
>>
>> Didn't find it. Anyone knows details, please contact me privately or
>> on-list.
>
> Hello Tony,
>
> look here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yfpk7hv
>
> At the addon site of mozilla it's not available. Don't know why and I
> also don't know if it works with seamonkey. Have a look at it and when
> it works for you can describe your experiences here on the list, because
> I'm sure you're right that you are not the only Vimmer who wants an
> addon like this.
>
> Hth Michael

In the meantime (and thanks to a private email from another Vimmer) I
found out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4455 which,
alas, is Thunderbird-only. Sent an email to the author (who wrote quite
a number of Thunderbird extensions) with CC to Philip Chee who replied
with a pointer to a mozillawiki article about porting Fx&Tb extensions
to SeaMonkey. We'll see if anything develops out of it.

BTW, I don't like tinyurl because you can't know where the link is going
before you use it. I'd rather have a long URL out in clear (even in
several lines, if your mailer can put it out readably). So I'll spell
out that tinyurl link here, it isn't that long:
http://alumnit.ca/wiki/?ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

Had a look at that alumnit.ca page: Not a single word about SeaMonkey,
and requires the Preview Pane enabled (which is the opposite of what I
use). Two reasons to think it's not for me. I'm not trying it.

Best regards,
Tony.
188. You purchase a laptop so you can surf while sitting on the can.