On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

> pansz <panshi...@routon.com> [10-04-22 17:16]:
> >
> > meino.cra...@gmx.de 写道:
> > >Hi,
> > > at home I am using Vim on Linux.
> > > at work I am using Vim on Windows.
> > > I am a Unixxer...
> > > At work I am not allowed all that nice gimmicks like
> > > grep, find, sed etc. which were ported to windows also  due to
> > >security reasons.
> > > I would like to get back some of that functionality
> > > mainly of text related Unix tools via vim.
> >
> > Install Cygwin on windows and install Mintty from googlecode, use
> > Mintty as your terminal emulator and Cygwin/bash as your shell, use the
> > vim provided by Cygwin.
> >
> > Then you'll feel at home on Windows.
> >

> > That is what I would like to install on every Windows computer.
> >

> As I tried to explain with my broken English, I am not allowed to
> install anything on my Windows-PC.
> Sorry...
> The only tool I have is: Vim.

Not to discount other suggestions (using glob()/etc. within Vim), but
it's probably worth your while to find a workaround.  Vim's
not-the-kitchen-sink philosophy[1] probably prevents it from being the
swiss army knife you seem to be looking for.

Cygwin was the first thing I found that made Windows tolerable.  I
believe (but am not certain) it's installable to a USB thumb drive, if
that's an option.  (CoLinux is my current preference for using Linux
under Windows, but that's far less likely to work under security
restrictions).  I know MinGW is installable as such, but don't know if
it provides the range of utilities you're seeking.

I've not tried Mintty, so I can't compare, but last time I was using
Windows (a while ago), I liked Console2[2] as a cmd.exe replacement.

--
Best,
Ben H

[1] see: :help design-not