AK: If I get you right, you've basically implemented a docstring
parser for VimL... do I read you?  Is this code published somewhere?
It sounds sweet.

I'm a big fan of using `:help blah^D` to get a list of commands/
functions/other help topics that contain "blah".

I'm approaching the point of reorganizing a bunch of my custom
commands into some sort of structured ensemble, and I'm considering
building a hierarchical completion system working.  So eg

    :Module ^D
    Command1   Command2  Command3  ...

    :Module Command1 ^D
    Option1   Option2  Option3  ...

Has anyone had success with something like this?  Is there perhaps a
framework available in some module that I could hook into?

On a (semi-) related note, is there a parser available somewhere that
can arrange for quoted text containing spaces, or text delimited by
backslash-escaped spaces, to be considered a single argument?  It
would be easy enough to use Python's, but that would hurt portability.

Cheers
-Ted