From: rfulb...@hotmail.com
To: vim_use@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Vim 7.3 - E10 Errors Editing _vimrc
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:47:45 -0400

Here are the steps:
I edit a file (even an empty file) with '.vim' extension: gvim test.vim
I get the E10 error messages.

> From: johnb.beck...@gmail.com
> To: vim_use@googlegroups.com
> Subject: RE: Vim 7.3 - E10 Errors Editing _vimrc
> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:47:37 +1000
>
> Roy Fulbright wrote:
> > I just uninstalled Vim 7.2 and did a clean install of Vim
> > 7.3.3 on Windows Vista using the binary from
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files. I am using the
> > _vimrc file I used with Vim 7.2. I now get dozens of E10
> > error messages when editing _vimrc (does not happen with
> > other files, only _vimrc).
>
> Please spell out the steps: what exactly do you type, what
> works, what doesn't?
>
> If Vim reports E10 errors when *editing* only one particular
> file, I would look for autocommands that are activated for that
> file. Perhaps:
>
> :new
> :set nomore
> :redir @a
> :au
> :redir END
> :set more
> :put a
>
> Then search for vimrc and see what code is executed.
>
> John

I re-ran my editing session using: vim -D test.vim
It showed the E10 errors occuring in ...\syntax\python.vim

I saved off &cpo and set cpo-=C at the top of python.vim
then restored &cpo at the bottom of python.vim, and the
errors went away.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Roy