On Tuesday 21 September 2010 10:58:17 Bill wrote:

> This n00b wants to delete a map in my _gvimrc (vim72 on
> Windows).

> I made this underlining map => map ,u yypVr-

> But vim says this is "Not an editor command: yypVr-"

> OK, so I deleted it in my _gvimrc but it now follows me around
> like a puppy.

> How do I get Vim to just forget that I ever mapped ",u"

you fed it, you pet it, you should have known what would
happen

seriously, are you using a session file when you restart vim?

also, did you perchance also pet that puppy in your _vimrc?

to trace backwards, you can execute

    :verbose map <Leader>u

and it will tell you what it's mapped to and where it was set

hth,

sc