Ben Fritz wrote:
> I personally like the fact that we don't need to worry about
> the heavy spam filtering, server security, server
> maintenance, version upgrades, etc. I like having a team of
> (presumably paid?) support people that can come to our aid
> when needed. The changes that are coming are, in my opinion,
> mildly annoying but not a big deal. I was far more upset by
> the ads that popped up and floated across my screen a few
> times, and those were gone within a week. I'm willing to put
> up with a few minor annoyances for the stability,
> availability, speed, and relative ease of working with the wiki.
>
> I'm not picky, and I have no deep-rooted loyalty to Wikia,
> but in my opinion they are still doing a pretty good job and
> provide us a valuable resource.

Yes, these are important points. I have mentioned them in the
past but my irritation may have caused me to overlook them now.

Another issue is liability: It is extremely unlikely that
anything bad would ever happen, and I wouldn't worry about it,
but it is nice that Wikia would be the first stop for anyone
with a legal complaint.

It looks like the bottom line of the new Wikia skin is that the
font will be considerably smaller to fit text into the fixed
660 pixel width, and there will be more fluff.

John