Reply to message «Re: grep quickfix window question»,
sent 19:04:54 15 October 2010, Friday
by Gary Johnson:

> It looked to me like it was global, too, but ":help cursorline" says
> that it's local to the window.  What's happening is that new windows
> inherit at least some of the settings of the windows from which they
> are created.
No, it is partially false. The problem here is that `:set' command sets both
global and local values, you should use `:setlocal' to set only local value
without touching global. More info is available in :h local-options. The
following code works just fine:
    autocmd Filetype qf setlocal cursorline