On Oct 15, 10:55 am, ZyX <zyx....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reply to message
> <f1066410-c4f0-4951-9894-2ee2ba03b...@p26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>
> with subject «Re: grep quickfix window question»,
> sent 18:24:10 15 October 2010, Friday
> by Jim Green:
>
> > This works well, but looks like set cursorline is global, could I have
> > cursorline just when I do :grep and :cw ?
>
> It is not global, just use `setlocal' instead of `set'.

Maybe I used "global" incorrectly.

here is my setup:

" quickfix window
augroup quickfix
    " Prevent making duplicate autocommands
    autocmd!
    "autocmd Filetype qf setlocal cursorline
    autocmd Filetype qf set cursorline
    autocmd Filetype qf nnoremap <buffer> p <CR><C-w>p
augroup END

no matter if I use
    autocmd Filetype qf set cursorline
or
    autocmd Filetype qf setlocal cursorline

in the augroup quickfix

the cursorline only shows in the lower quickfix window. I would like a
cursorline remains on the match in the upper file window when the <c-
w>p
jumps back to quickfix window, or else it is difficult for me to see
where the match is in the upper window. or even better if the match in
the upper window is highlighted like I do a / search, but I doubt it
is
easy to do that.  I don't need cursorline when I do normal editing.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion.
Jim