Ok, so I did some more tests and this only seems to occur when I connect
to a debian lenny with openssh 5.1p1-5 or etch with openssh 4.3p2-9etch3.
Ubuntu hardy with openssh 4.7p1-8ubuntu1.2 doesn't seem to work either.

Debian squeeze does seem to work though with openssh 5.5p1-5+b1 and
Gentoo with openssh 5.5_p1-r2 also works.

I hope that's enough test results for you :P. Maybe I should start
diggin' through the openssh changelogs to see what has changed...

// Mattias