On Nov 3, 12:48 pm, Tim Johnson <t...@johnsons-web.com> wrote:

> :setlocal iskeyword-=$->
> What am I doing wrong?

(I see others are getting you where you want to go, but they didn't
answer this question directly).
That'll never work, for at least two reasons.

1. iskeyword is a comma separated list of items.  The above attempts
to remove one item "$->".
2. Even if the setting of iskeyword had separate items for $, -, and
>, unless they appear in the setting *in that order* :set -= would not
remove them; one has to remove them one at a time.  F.ex.,
:set isk=a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j
:set isk-=b,c        " works, "b,c" is found
:set isk-=e,g        " doesn't work silently
:set isk-=e isk-=g   " works
3. :set doesn't have the intelligence to convert to ascii, say a minus
to 62.
4. :set doesn't have the intelligence to split up 60-62 into 60,61,62
then remove the 62.

You can see that :set has some general mechanisms for setting options,
but no smarts for a particular option... though I'd not be surprised
if there are exceptions to that.

Regards, John