Hi,

I am trying to getting adept at VIM editing. There are few problems I am
facing.
I do not know how to copy from file and then paste it into search command or
colon command.
e.g. I have to search for word "foo" in the file. I want to be able to copy
this word "foo", invoke search mode by pressing "/" and then paste the word
there. I can do this by "C-c" and then "C-v" in gvim but I want to do this
in VIM way not windows way.

I know I can copy by either visually selecting the word("V-w") and then
yanking it("y") or copy it ("+y), but I do not know how to paste this word
in search mode(After I press "/") or in command mode(After I press ":").

Can anyone please guide me in this regard.
Thank you very much in advance :)

Thanks,
Vivek