On Apr 12, 10:49 pm, Steve <dl...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> ... Another example is the
> replacement of caracters...

I used vi for years before I discovered normal mode "s", then used it
intensively.

> for
>       in
>             a b c d e f
>                 do
>                      echo $i
>                            done
>
> So when copy pasting a long part of code, it's not very convenient. But
> I'm sure there is a way to do that also with vim. Just didn't find it
> yet. If you have any ideas, please share.

This is a FAQ: see http://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html#faq-14.14
for lots of ideas. If you are pasting using a mouse, it may be that

set mouse=a

in your .vimrc would be very helpful, solving your pasting problem and
doing more besides.

Regards, John