I've started writing with Vim. For now it'll be mainly in my journal and to
keep todo lists. Very awkward, of course, but I can move around; insert and
delete text; create, save, and open files.

I did ":set linebreak" in a file. I see that it isn't retained when I save,
close, and then reopen a file. How do I make this default?

I'm finding h, j, k, l; e, b; $, 0; and H, M, L a bit limited as ways to move
around the screen. Is there a way to move up or down from what is displayed as
one line on the screen when "linebreak" is set to another, i.e., within what
Vim actually considers a line, i.e., text between two <CR>s?

Finally, can I specify a default font? If so, how do I determine what fonts are
available?

For now I'm using MacVim for now, since it allows me to started a little more
quickly than I would be able to with regular Vim, especially with file
handling.

Forgive me ridiculously elementary questions. I know there is excellent
documentation in Vim itself, online, and in books. I'll make better use of them
once I'm over the initial hurdles.

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA