On Jul 25, 2011, at 9:43 AM, ZyX wrote:

> Replace this line with
>    curl -o vim-addon-manager-0.4.3.zip \
>         http://www.vim.org/scripts/download_script.php?src_id=13669
> . VAM won't be able to install anything if neither wget nor curl is installed
> (first will also require some configuration, but knowing that in Ubuntu there
> is
> wget and no curl and that Gentoo also uses wget by default, I assumed that
> wget
> is more likely to be found in OS X which I have never played with by myself).

I found a copy of wget with an installer here
http://www.merenbach.com/software/wget and now have it installed. Following
your earlier instructions I successfully downloaded the VAM zip file, but when
I got to the unzipping stage I got the following result:

MacBookWeir:.vam ericweir$ cd vim-addon-manager
MacBookWeir:vim-addon-manager ericweir$ unzip ../vim-addon-manager-0.4.3.zip
unzip:  cannot find or open ../vim-addon-manager-0.4.3.zip,
../vim-addon-manager-0.4.3.zip.zip or ../vim-addon-manager-0.4.3.zip.ZIP.
MacBookWeir:vim-addon-manager ericweir$

The VAM zip package is in /.vam. Your instructions say to cd into
vim-addon-manager before executing the unzip command. When I got the above
result, I tried moving the zip package into /.vam/vim-addon-manager and
executing the command from there and got the same result.

I noticed that in the zip package the name is "ovim-addon-manager-0.4.3.zip. I
tried executing the command with that name and got the same result.

I tried clicking on the zip package and nothing happened.

Help appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA