On Oct 17, 4:18 am, Chao YUE <chaoyue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am working on a linux server and it's difficult for me to ask our engineer
> to install new plugin for editing .py file with vim.
> Does anyone has experience make vim more python syntax highlighting
> (generally more easier for python script editing) by
> only add new configuration lines in .vimra or creating other files?
> for the current purpose, I mainly use python for data processing, scientific
> computation and ploting. (numpy, matplotlib, netCDF python interface,
> pandas, etc)

Normally, plugins for Vim are "installed" in your own user directory,
you have no need for any server admin to install anything for you. If
you find a plugin you want to use, you just place it in:

~/.vim/plugin
~/.vim/ftplugin
~/.vim/syntax
~/.vim/colors
etc. depending on the plugin type.

However, Vim by default comes with both python and python3 syntax
highlighting (well, python3 if you're using a relatively recent
distribution). Do you have filetype detection and syntax highlighting
set up in your .vimrc already? Possibly this is all you need to add:

filetype indent plugin on
syntax on