Hi,

this happened to me today. I had a line like this one
===================
and I wanted to replace all characters by '-', so I could have something
like

I thought I could do it by combining 'g' and 'r' as I understood 'g' is
good to repeat the same command over all chars in a line (like guu or gUU).
However, I was not able to make it work.
I ended up doing something like  :.s/=/-/g

Is not really possible to replace all chars in the current line with a
combination of 'g' and 'r' commands?

Cheers,
Jose