On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 19:43, Albin Olsson <albin.ols...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To find out what something does in insert mode, prepend it with i_
> ie:
> :help i_CTRL-O

I see, thanks!

> (On another note, it sounds like you are spending too much time in
> insert mode, remember: insert mode is just for entering text, and when
> you are done press <esc>. The "vim"-way of doing what you want to do,
> is to do as you already described it, just press o. Because normally,
> you should be in "normal" mode and not insert mode)

My job is to spend time in insert mode :)

Often I will end a line of code with the cursor in the middle of the
line, due to closing all parenthesis as I open them, described here:
http://dotancohen.com/howto/write_code.html

That method has saved me innumerable headaches, syntax errors, and
subtle bugs. But it means that simple Enter is just about useless. I
suppose that I should probably map Ctrl-o,o to Enter, and regular
enter to Ctrl-enter!

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen