On 11/22/11 12:38, Dotan Cohen wrote:
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 19:43, Albin Olsson<albin.ols...@gmail.com>  wrote:
(On another note, it sounds like you are spending too much time in
insert mode, remember: insert mode is just for entering text, and when
you are done press<esc>. The "vim"-way of doing what you want to do,
is to do as you already described it, just press o. Because normally,
you should be in "normal" mode and not insert mode)

My job is to spend time in insert mode :)

Only if all you ever do is insert text :)

While I can only speak for myself, I spend a small fraction of my time actually inserting/changing text. The remainder of the time is spent on things like navigating the text, copying/moving/deleting/(in/de)denting text, reformatting, etc. By habit, I simply hit <esc> at the end of every insertion. Rarely does my next edit happen right where I left off.

-tim